Friday 28 February 2014

Pantry and Meal Planning

While the Northern hemisphere gears up to welcome Spring, us folks Downunder are starting to think Autumn thoughts of russet leaves and warm spicy aromas coming from the kitchen. Well its still a month at least before it really starts to cool but planning ahead is half the fun.
This coming week i am planning on cleaning out the fridge/freezer and the pantry, scrubbing up my canning jars and pulling out the food dehydrator and lets not forget the slow cooker( the work horse of my kitchen), i use it several times a week since i started working outside the home and want to work it even harder (might have to buy an extra one).
I thinking of trying slow cooker jam, caramel, bread and self saucing puddings and jacket potatoes.
I m planning on dehydrating my vegetables and herbs and making up batches in canning jars as dry ingredients pre mixed for our favourite soups and stews, so i only have to open one jar and add meat and stock and go.
I can hardly wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment