Thursday 3 January 2019

Birthday Flowers and turning 55.

Today is my 55th birthday  and that blows my mind, it sounds so much more older and  differnt than when i turned 50. This past year the realities and the fragility of being human has really kicked in.  I know 55 is not ancient but its certaily closer to the finish line than 50, id be be lying if i said it didn't  scare me a little,  thankfully  im in good enough health and for that im truely thankful.
So i really want to try and live in the moment and drink life in a bit more, be more present and connected, and make more of an effort to look after myself  and try new things.

I spent the morning with my Mother and  two of my grandchildren,  while my twins went off with my friend Ruth to make  a cake ( birthday cake maybe).  My husband , youngest girls and i are off to dinner at my friends house tonight.

My youngest  son  Doug sent me some lovely  flowers, i was quiet surprised  and delighted.  So its been a nice  quiet day and a break from the craziness of the past few weeks. I wonder and look forward to what the rest of the day and 2019 brings. xxx

Birthday Flowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment