Tuesday 1 January 2019

The year in review, 2018.

2018 will go down in my own personal history as one of the challenging  years of my life, there were some great moments and some that have altered me greatly. January was my birthday month  and i turned 54 , and my twin daughters started high school and my granddaughter Eva  started kindergarten,  my niece Catherine married her soul mate Nigel.
My husband and i renewed our wedding vows after 34 years of marriage. My eldest son got engaged and my youngest son moved back to Australia . My dear sweet father who has battled dementia for over 5 years turned 80 and was present enough to very much enjoy the day and sadly a few months later his time had come to say goodbye, it was weird and very hard time, i spent some very spiritually enriching moments with him , i will treasure these moments for ever.                                                   
      We spent the last part of the year reluctantly  learning how to live without  him, my Mum has been very brave and so has my whole family especially  my sister  Victoria,  she lives a long way from us. My girls survived their first year of highschool  and i did too, and that led us to Christmas.  Christmas  was nice but different , there was a little  less magic than usual, but we all made the effort to enjoy the season as thats what Dad would  have wanted, my dad so love Christmas  and time with his family.
So that was my year , looking forward  with hope of a good and productive 2019 but also a little  wiser that big changes good or bad are always possible.  I hope you all had a wonderful  Christmas  and i wish you all a Happy New Year!! xxx
2 of my grandchildren  Seb and Eva

My  eldest Daughter Jessica and me

Me and my Family

The twins first day of highschool

My Dad at his 80 th Birthday  party

My Dad

A bit of craft done

Mother's  Day flowers

Our Christmas  tree 2018

Me and my youngest  girls

No comments:

Post a Comment